Wednesday, May 25, 2011

On 300...

No, I'm not referring to a movie with Gerard Butler's ripped abs, Spartans, warfare, and did I mention Gerard Butler's abs...

Nor am I referring to a Chrysler of the same name...

Nor a perfect game of bowling....

No, 300 has been an awful threshhold that I have struggled with for years.  No matter how much I dieted or excercised, I couldn't get below 300 lbs.  No matter how many slim fast shakes I drank or stairmasters I climbed, I couldn't drop below that number.

But I swore this year would be the year that I would be fit. This was the year.  These past couple weeks I have anxiously watched the scale dip, pound by sure pound.  And then last week, I hit a wall.  I actually gained a pound, 304. And I came to a crossroad. Because this was more then weight lost or gained, twinkies devoured or denied.  It was about change. How I lived the next week would determine what I would do when the going got tough.  Where exactly would the tough go, to the gym or McDonald's?

I buckled down.  I watched what I ate. I excercised everyday.  And with some trepidation I stepped on the scale today.  With head bowed I peaked at the scale barely looking at where the needle wavered.

299.5

It wasn't by much. My keys and cellphone could have put me over.

But as I laced up my shoes, I smiled to myself as I set my sights on my new goal.

Watch out 200.  Your next.

1 comment:

  1. Pam, you are an inspiration and a force of nature!! Keep going for what you want. You make me want to do the same. :D

    ReplyDelete